Cast aluminum outdoor furniture is a popular choice for those looking for the benefits of iron furniture, but without the drawbacks. Before you make the decision as to which furniture material to buy, consider the benefits and drawbacks of cast aluminum.
Benefits Of Cast Aluminum Outdoor Furniture
1) It Lasts A Long Time: Cast aluminum outdoor furniture is designed to last a long time, which helps to make it a good investment for your garden. You’ll also find that much of the furniture on the market comes with powder coat paint which is extremely durable, helping to protect your furniture for even longer. Spending time to choose a good quality set means you’ll probably have furniture that will last a lifetime!
2) Weatherproof and Rust Proof: One reason why many people choose cast aluminum over iron is thanks to the fact that it doesn’t rust, and it’s very suitable for colder climates. Traditional iron furniture may leave rusty iron marks on your patio, which aluminum doesn’t do. And the fact that it doesn’t rust means less maintenance!
3) Strong: Cast aluminum furniture sets are usually considered to be more durable than cast iron, created by welding separate pieces of metal together. However, this does depend on any other materials used for the furniture, as aluminum is often combined with other materials, such as a glass table top. In general, aluminum furniture is not going to bend or break, even if it gets used very frequently.
4) Easy To Maintain: Cast aluminum outdoor furniture requires very little maintenance to retain its appearance through time. You’ll just need to wipe it down every now and again to keep it looking good.
5) Lightweight: If you like to rearrange your outdoor seating arrangements then you’ll like the fact that aluminum is lightweight. It’s far easier to move around than iron garden furniture.
Drawbacks Of Cast Aluminum Outdoor Furniture
1) Expense: Cast aluminum furniture is more expensive than other types of furniture such as plastic or wicker. However, it’s also generally considered to be of higher quality, and its price is comparable to iron or wooden furniture.
2) Protecting The Finish: Some substances can wear away the aluminum finish, causing damage to your furniture. Take special care if you live right by the sea, or if you use the chair while wearing sunscreen. Damage can be prevented by regularly wiping the furniture down.
Cast aluminum outdoor furniture is becoming more and more popular, and comes in a huge variety of styles to suit just about any garden. There are a number of benefits to choosing aluminum over iron, but it all depends on the exact look you’re going for.